RegEx on Message Context search field expression type plugin
Use this plugin to extract values from XML content within Context Properties
The Nodinite RegEx on Message Context Search Field Expression Type plugin can be used to find one or more unique values from Context Properties for logged messages.
Let's get you started with the following simple demonstration example valid for this search field plugin. For other and more advanced examples please scroll down on this page to the Examples section.
|XML Data within Context Property 'XMLContent'
|1st Named Context Property
|2nd XPath expression
- Extract single or multiple unique values from named Context property
- Use any RegEx expression to match and/or style data
This plugin loads the entire message into RAM, so make sure to apply this extraction method on smaller messages only
To extract values from Context Properties you must first configure the Search Field, in this example case; The File name part:
- Select expression type plugin
- Enter 1st expression to get the content from named Context property
- Enter 2nd expression to match/style the content from previous expression
- Finalize remaining steps including selection of Message Types and optional re-index operation (Add or manage Search Field)
Once a Search Field is configured, values are extracted either during normal processing or from user initiated re-index operations. Extracted values are persisted and stored for as long as the days to keep events property on the Message Type is configured.
You can test an expression when configuring a Search Field in the 'Test Expression' tab
- Enter an appropriate payload in the 'Message Body' tab
- Select the 'RegEx on Message Context' expression type plugin
- Enter 1st Context property expression to get the content
- Enter 2nd RegEx expression to match/style the content from returned by step 3
- Review result/output, rewrite the code in step 3-4 until you get the data you seek
The actual result (values) are extracted by the Logging Service and then presented together with the evaluated processing state and the number of unique matches.
To extract order id(s) for the Message Type '
Common.Schemas/Nodinite/1.0#Orders' you can use the following named Context property '
FileName' and then the valid RegEx expression '
([^\\]+$)'. This configuration yields the unique values