Formula - Field
Let's get you started with the following example:
- Extract the value from the named pre-defined field of a Nodinite Log Event.
- You can nest this operation.
This plugin loads the entire message into RAM, so make sure to apply this function only on small messages..
To configure the Formula plugin with the field function:
- Select Formula as the expression type plugin.
- Write down the expression to use in the 'Expression' text area with the named Field to extract, for example,
- The Fields and the Field Values are on display in the Field Values tab
- The result is displayed
The field function has one parameter which is the name of the Field (case-sensitive):
|Id for Application scope
|Id of event (Guid)
|Id for local scope
|The originating date time for the Log Event
|The Id of the main body part (Guid)
|The name of the Message Type
|Size in bytes
- Body - Extract body from the Log Event
- Context - Extract value from key-value collection
- ContextKey - Extract value from the key-value collection using RegEx
Expression Type Plugins are used in Search Fields