Formula - Sum
sum(...) Formula function, as the name implies, can be used to summarize any number of values (integer, float, double, ...).
Let's get you started with the following simple example. For other, and more advanced examples, please scroll down on this page to the Examples section.
|Text Data||sum expression||Unique values|
sum( ) function can be used as long as there is valid
Content parameter, it doesn't matter if the content parameter are extracted values from XML,JSON or even CSV.
- Return the addition result of extracted values from the Content.
- Can be applied to any valid Content that return data as valid numbers, review Formula user guide for the complete list of functions.
This plugin loads the entire message into RAM, so make sure to apply this function only on small messages.
- Select Formula as the expression type plugin.
- Write down the expression to use in the 'Expression' text area.
- Input proper Content as a parameter to the function.
Use the sum function with any of the following parameters:
From Message Body:
From Message Context:
Result from previous Formula operation
Below, you will find different common examples of how to use the sum function.
Number 2 is the body content, by using the provided expression, the result is
Number 4 is the value for the corresponding key "id", by using the provided expression, the result is
The message body is a JSON structure, and by using the provided expression, the result is