Formula - Average (avg)
Let's get you started with the following example: For other and more advanced examples, scroll down on this page to the Examples section.
|Text Data||average expression||Unique values|
avg( ) function can be used on any content, as long as data is returned from the
Content part. It doesn't matter if the content parameter a plain text or any valid Formula Plugin function. Please notice that the number returned represents the average of the extracted values; more on this later below.
- Return the average of extracted values from the Content.
- It returns the average of the unique values from Content
- It can be applied on the Content part that returns data; Like jsonpath, xpath functions or even a plain-text, review the Formula user guide for the complete list of functions.
This plugin loads the entire message into RAM, so make sure to apply this function only on small messages..
- Select Formula as the expression type plugin.
- Write down the expression to use in the 'Expression' text area.
- Input Content as a parameter to the function.
Use the avg function with any of the following parameters:
From Message Body:
From Message Context:
Result from previous Formula operation
Below, you will find different common examples of how to use the average function.
"Nodinite" is the message body text; By using the provided expression, the result is
"Nodinite" is the value for the corresponding key "id", by using the provided expression, the result is
The message body is a JSON structure, and by using the provided expression, the result is