Formula - removebom
removebom(Content) Formula function used to remove the BOM character if it exists.
Let's get you started with the following example.
The BOM character is ususally invisible.
- removebom a given text from Content by a new text.
- Can be applied on any valid Content that return text; Like jsonpath, xpath functions, review Formula user guide for complete list of functions.
This plugin loads the entire message into RAM, so make sure to apply this function only on small messages.
How to use
To use the removebom function the Content parameter should contain a text/string (otherwise it will fail and you will end up with nothing). But first and foremost we have to configure the Formula plugin:
- Select Formula as expression type plugin.
- Write down the expression to use in the 'Expression' text area.
- Input a proper Content as parameter to the function.
Use the removebom function with any of the following parameters:
From Message Body:
From Message Context:
Result from previous Formula operation
How to Add or manage Search Fields
How to Add or manage Log Views
Expression Type Plugins are used in Search Fields
What are Search Fields?
What are Search Field Expressions?
What are Message Types?
What are Log Views?