Logging using the WCF Log API
Before you even think about creating a synchronous solutions using WCF, please read the Asynchronous Logging user guide first
- HTTP (synchronous and asynchronous)
- HTTPS (synchronous and asynchronous)
- TCP (synchronous and asynchronous)
- MSMQ (asynchronous)
From .NET based clients the Log API may enlist in distributed transactions if logging is mandatory part of your custom solution. See DTC for additional information.
WCF Activation must be properly installed using Server Manager (Add roles and features)
Default address is
- LogApiService.svc (HTTP)
- LogApiServiceSecure.svc (HTTPS)
- LogApiServiceOneWay.svc (MSMQ)
- LogApiServiceSessionful.svc (TCP)
- LogApiServiceBase.svc (HTTP, This service is an alive checker and support updating of the Log API itself)
Log API - MSMQ
The Log API can pick up events logged to MSMQ and put them into Nodinite.