System Integration Solutions typically communicate by sending messages on a physical transport medium as part of a conversation. The participants in a conversation agree on the type of protocol and security policies to comply with. The information about transport channels exists within Nodinite as Endpoints.
Example list of Endpoints filtered by the Nodinite BizTalk Server Log Agent
TIP: Notice the last column; Here is information about the last known logged event.
An Endpoint must have a user-friendly name and an address (URI). The End Points are unique in their composition of the following fields:
- Name - Name of the Endpoint
- URI - The address of the Endpoint
- Direction - Direction for Endpoint
- Endpoint Type - The type of Endpoint
- Log Agent - Information about the source for this Endpoint
- Service A in the source System creates a message (file) and writes it to the file system.
- Service B in the destination System reads the message using the SFTP protocol.
Endpoints are automatically created by the Logging feature, and these are displayed in the overview. All logged Messages are processed by the Logging Service. During processing, the Endpoint gets defined and well-known.
Nodinite has lasting built-in statistics about Endpoints. A compelling feature is that all MessageTypes recorded on that Endpoint is listed.